× Got a Question 疑難解答

Bike Storage

11 years 1 month ago #624 by bingalingding
Replied by bingalingding on topic Bike Storage
My only thought is that you might be able to store it at the Friendly Bike Shop in Mui Wo for a small fee but that's a real pain in the ar*e if you ride alot and it very much restricts you to one or two trails on Lantau.

Somehow it doesn't surprise me that HKU are bike un-friendly. The only other thought is to have a nice bike that you smuggle into your halls with a bike bag each time and buy a cheap bike that you can lock up outside. Commuting in HK by bike can be a challenge but possible.

Ed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #623 by Jeff
Replied by Jeff on topic Bike Storage
I'd suggest getting in touch with some HKU students and asking them directly (I'd be surprised if there are *any* students on this site).

Try some of the links off en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hong_Kong_Univ...ty_Students%27_Union

There are lots of international exchange students at HKU- they'd be somewhat more likely to be able to understand where you're coming from. Ask the admin staff for contacts.

11 years 1 month ago #622 by mrmoses
Replied by mrmoses on topic Bike Storage
I'm bringing it to ride the trails and hopefully race. But the dormitory people over at HKU are really screwing me hard.

-Mike

11 years 1 month ago #621 by Jeff
Replied by Jeff on topic Bike Storage
Why are you bringing a bike? To ride the trails or commute? Commuting is almost non-existant in HK.

Bike theft is very rare, but I'd still be adverse to the idea of leaving an expensive mountain bike chained up outside for days on end.

11 years 1 month ago #604 by mrmoses
Bike Storage was created by mrmoses
Hey All,

I'm coming to HKU on January 5, planning to bring my bike...but I'm worried about where I'm gonna put my bike. Does anyone know anything about where university students store their bikes? Especially if they live in the dorms? Is bike theft prevalent in Hong Kong?

Mike Moses

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds
© Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association. All Rights Reserved.