× Talking dirty 隨意發言

Bicycle World Sucks/Flying Ball Rocks

11 years 3 months ago #988 by donkeyman
Replied by donkeyman on topic Bicycle World Sucks/Flying Ball Rocks
Hi,

Welcome to HK. Can you let me know exactly where in Causeway Bay is Comos Bike?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 3 months ago #987 by Jeff
Replied by Jeff on topic Bicycle World Sucks/Flying Ball Rocks
Jeff wrote:

So they only had *1* rental bike in the first place?

I finally managed to track this place down on the weekend and asked about the rental bike situation. Turns out that the 'rental bikes' are secondhand bikes that they've taken on from other people- they simply rent them out until they manage to sell them. So they're a *possible* source of rental bikes, but don't bet on it.

The stop looks like a Scott shop- lots of Scott bikes, clothing and shoes. Met helmets, including the Met Parachute which could be of interest to some- XC helmet with a face protector.

11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #986 by lung441
Replied by lung441 on topic Bicycle World Sucks/Flying Ball Rocks
HI there

I just moved back from Breckenridge, a small town in Denver .

Great to see we got a HKMBA here in HONG KONG .

I have tried a bike shop in Causeway Bay called Comos Bike.
And I feel good for this brand new bike shop in HK ISLAND

p.s. even I am living in MA ON SHAN, I sill send my bike to there for regular "BODY CHECK"!

Hope such information would get help!

11 years 3 months ago #984 by Jeff
So they only had *1* rental bike in the first place?

11 years 3 months ago #982 by donkeyman
Update: Went to HK Bicycle Company this morning while the car was being washed next door. Unfortunately the hire bike has been sold.

11 years 4 months ago #960 by donkeyman
Well you have an alternative for hiring as well now. I just rented a Scott Scale from them for this Sunday's race. It's freshly serviced and ready to go. To be honest, they had no shortage of customers when I was there. Quite possible their advertising budget went to the local language magazines and websites. Being a non-Chinese reader myself, I know I miss out alot. Very glad for the HKMBA forums!!

11 years 4 months ago #959 by tom
Replied by tom on topic Bicycle World Sucks/Flying Ball Rocks
What can you expect in a city of 7.5 Million people?? I think its easier to rent a 30k Louis Vuitton purse than a bike. To rent an MTB you have to go to Friendly Bike Shop on Lantau (freight ferry is every two hours and its takes an hour one way, so book most of a day just to rent the bike) ... hmmm... another business idea for a fledgling shop on HK Island.

I've never heard about this shop. Nice to know about alternatives. Its a shame that the bike shops in town do not know how to promote themselves. HK is lacking in alternatives and we need more decent bike shops that are near the the people. The best shops are major trek away from where anyone lives.

You would think that that the first thing that pops into a new bike shop owner's mind would be "how to I tell the biking community that I exist??" and one might think that dropping a note on these forums or even taking out an ad on any of the bike sites in town might be the top priority, but I guess not. These guys are confident that the bikers will find them no matter how deep in the urban jungle that they hide.

Good luck to this shop and its "keen" crew. BTW, its reassuring that they are next to "Car Land".

11 years 4 months ago #958 by donkeyman
I wouldn't say it's quite there in terms of Flying Ball, in terms of stock carried. Mainly Scott Bicycles and accessories. Shop is only one month old so everyone is very keen and enthusiastic. They do servicing as well. You can park on the street in front, which is one big advantage compared to FB. Staff speak English.

11 years 4 months ago #957 by Jeff
donkeyman wrote:

Just got back from HK Bicycle Company. Very friendly shop and place to go if you want a Scott Bicycle. Another alternative for HK Islanders. shop B, 6-8 Fort Street, North Point. Right next to Car Land if you want to get your car washed at the same time.

Is there any place to hire a MTB for a friend coming to HK?

What's this store like compared to the other shops around HK? What do they carry?

11 years 4 months ago #955 by donkeyman
Just got back from HK Bicycle Company. Very friendly shop and place to go if you want a Scott Bicycle. Another alternative for HK Islanders. shop B, 6-8 Fort Street, North Point. Right next to Car Land if you want to get your car washed at the same time.

Is there any place to hire a MTB for a friend coming to HK?

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds
© Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association. All Rights Reserved.