× Talking dirty 隨意發言

Tagging along

9 years 3 months ago #1849 by rmj
Replied by rmj on topic Tagging along
Hi George,

Moving apartment this week so not online as much, should be able to do something on Monday 20th if you fancy it (depending on the weather) but if it's not raining it will most likely be very hot....

J

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #1848 by ang
Replied by ang on topic Tagging along
Check out the weather forecast before you head out.
http://www.hko.gov.hk/wxinfo/currwx/fnd.htm

Heavy rain this morning so no go :S
http://www.hkmba.org/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=53&func=view&catid=6&id=688

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #1847 by Relax
Replied by Relax on topic Tagging along
Well I'll be leaving to come to Hong Kong this time next week!! So pumped!

My mate and I will be getting to HK on Friday morning (17th) at about 7am HK time.

Unfortunately we'll be leaving again on Tuesday night (21st), but if we could tag along on any rides at all between those dates that would be great thanks! rmj, hoping the offer is still open!

Happy to do a quick 1-2hr stint or even a 6+ hr ride if anyone is going on one(or if there are enough trails) :)

We can communicate though the forum for now, but I'll be borrowing a phone off a friend when i get there, so i'll be contactable by mobile once i'm in HK.

Again, I speak fluent cantonese, so don't let the thought of a language barrier turn you off!

Cheers again!

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #1794 by rmj
Not sure what file format you need but to give you some idea for Lamma the ride to the quarry track is attached as a picture, J

File Attachment:

File Name: 20110326_L..._MTB.zip
File Size:325 KB
Attachments:

9 years 4 months ago #1793 by Relax
Excellent!! Thanks for that!

.gpx will do great cheers!

Any ideas if there are free topo maps of HK available? For Australia I found some free third party topographic maps which work fine with the garmin system, which saved having to buy the official ones off Garmin (Turned out the third party ones were more accurate anyway! Bouns!)

George

9 years 4 months ago #1792 by rmj
Ride to the quarry file attached, J

File Attachment:

File Name: gpstrack_2...2011.zip
File Size:14 KB
Attachments:

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #1791 by rmj
No problem, no I'm not sure why taking the front wheel out makes all the difference but apparently it does.
Lamma x-loop trail gpx data attached, not sure if that's the format Garmin recognises, think you might want to try the trails it in daylight before trying in the dark though....

File Attachment:

File Name: gpstrack_2...amma.zip
File Size:11 KB
Attachments:

9 years 4 months ago #1790 by Relax
That's great info thanks rmj!

Hoping to get about two half days of riding in. What's the deal with the front wheel off? I can't imagine it taking up any less space? Do they really make you do that?

I'll message you again closer to the day. Would be great if we could follow you on a ride or two. Does anyone have any GPS data? I've got a Garmin i'll probably bring, so incase I can't get a guide, being able to download some routes would be the next best thing. I don't have any HK maps yet, so will get onto trying to find some online.

We'll also likely bring some night riding lights if anyone would be keen to hit the trails in the dark!

Cheers!

George

9 years 4 months ago #1787 by rmj
Hi George,

From TST you can get to the Central piers using the Star ferry if you take the front wheel off, from the Central piers you can get a ferry to Lamma or Lantau island easily. Apparantly if you take the front wheel off and carry the bike you can go on the MTR, I've never tried it but I have seen someone with an MTB on them, although I wouldn't recommend it during rush hour! Also to ride anywhere apart from Lamma you have to get a permit, it's free, find it here:

www.afcd.gov.hk/english/permit/permit_cou/cou_app_pricp.html

But for only a few days you may not want to bother with all that, Lamma is my personal favourite atm, 25mins ferry ride from Central piers and offers plenty of technical and challenging single tracks.

Let me know nearer the time and there's a few of us can show you round Lamma if you fancy it,

J
Attachments:

9 years 4 months ago #1786 by Relax
Tagging along was created by Relax
Hi Everyone!

I'll be stopping by HK for a few days in June (17th - 22nd), and was wondering if anyone would be able to show me some good single track as I won't have too much time to explore on my own. I lived in HK for about 12 years, but have been back in Australia for the last 10 years. Just stopping by HK to catch up with some old friends while on the way to France/Switzerland for a riding trip.

I'll be there with a friend who also rides and we will have our own bikes. We are of above average fitness and ride mainly XC and "All Mountain".

We'll be staying in TST I think, so any advice as to the best way to get to the riding locations would be great. Not sure if they'll let you on the MTR with bikes? Incase it matters, I speak fluent cantonese as well.

Hope one of you guys will be kind enough to let us tag along!

Thanks in advance!

George

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds
© Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association. All Rights Reserved.