× Trails 越野路徑

Trail building

9 years 7 months ago #930 by ratcat
Replied by ratcat on topic Trail building
great work on rock drop!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago #929 by Karlos
Replied by Karlos on topic Trail building
Hit the new and improved rock drop, sure is a :woohoo: !!!

Good job !!!!

9 years 7 months ago #928 by scottfitz
Replied by scottfitz on topic Trail building
Well Done V10,

Thank you for those individuals who do there part to make mountain biking in HKG better for everyone.

I commend the work and time put in. If other people put half the effort in then there would be so many trails available.

See you on the end of a wacker or shooting the gun run!

9 years 7 months ago #885 by BeardedBlunder
Replied by BeardedBlunder on topic Trail building
V10

well said and well done

I would never think of riding the drop, but as you said there is a chicken run - something for everyone and thats the way it should stay, also i think seeing another biker doing a huge jump is exciting to watch no matter what style of rider you are and should be encouraged

Im becoming more and more frustrated with the dumbing down of trails whether it be by riders or officials. Id like to think it wasnt riders who was doing it (IF IT IS SHAME ON YOU) and think its more likely to be afcd officials who deem the drop way to dangerous and scary for those fragile and delicate hikers to look on. After all a fully kitted out biker dropping from the heavens might seem to some to be scary! And as long as hikers have the ear of the AFCD their is little more we can do, you will build it they will rip it down its a catch 22 until the day comes when we get a dedicated course properly designed and purpose built for all levels of riders then this i fear will continue to happen

i can garauntee that the AFCD monitors these forums - it would be great if they would once in a while comment

9 years 8 months ago #883 by launchpad
Replied by launchpad on topic Trail building
Thanks Arse

Can't wait to give it a go..........

Cheers
Launchpad
:)

9 years 8 months ago #882 by Karlos
Replied by Karlos on topic Trail building
Hey V10

Well said. Looking forward to some :woohoo: moments again !!!

Karlos

PS: Please guys, leave it as is !!!

9 years 8 months ago #881 by v10
Trail building was created by v10
OK Guys. We clearly have a big enough battle on our hands dealing with the AFCD with regards to trail building. Now, everybody knows about the Rock drop at the trail head of TMS. Some ride it, some wanna ride it and some have no interest!

As I'm sure you're all aware the above mentioned RD has recently been vandalized in favour of a badly built and poorly positioned 'Burm'. Now, the idiots guide to trail building emphasizes that it is important to have an 'Out' on all significant drops or jumps so that the trail can be enjoyed by all levels of riders.

There is a clear and obvious spilt in the trail that allows all riders to enjoy TMS. Freeriders go left, cross country go right! Both trails meet up within 100m anyway!

The RD has now been rebuilt by some very dedicated and enthusiastic riders, please do not destroy it just because it doesn't suite your style of riding. Bear in mind a lot of the improvements along the Ho Pui trail have been built by the very same people!

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
Time to create page: 0.408 seconds
© Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association. All Rights Reserved.