× Trails 越野路徑

Rain season, wet land and Crossmark

9 years 9 months ago #866 by bob
Replied by bob on topic Rain season, wet land and Crossmark
ratcat,
seems that this muddy problem crops up at the beginning of every rainy season. I recall pushing/ carrying DOWN the TMS downhill each MAR or APR. However, here's my personal theory: the dry subsoil in the early rainy season allows the sticky wet topsoil [with glutinous fillings] to readily 'delaminate' and cling to your tyre, resulting in a sticky mess and stalled progress. While I totally agree with Jez's tyre solutions and considerations, I've found that if you hang in there for some soaking rains the problem tends to disappear and you find yourself aslip-slidin-away just like last summer! Enjoy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 9 months ago #864 by jezblanchard
Replied by jezblanchard on topic Rain season, wet land and Crossmark
Mud tyres like Maxxis Wetscream, Medusa, Swampthing, not sure of their availabilty here ( other than BW in Wan Chai having had a pair of Swapthings in stock for a few years. these things are said to be great in the soup, but are no so good when it comes to pedalling and cornering, so a consideration if going out to the GC from TMS.

9 years 9 months ago #861 by ratcat
Rain season, wet land and Crossmark was created by ratcat
The rain is here. After only pedaling for ten feet, I notice my tires became two rings of mud and clay obtaining zero traction from that point on forward. I need something to handle these kinds of conditions for I know from now till early May this would be the stuff that will be facing me every ride. And suggestions?

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
Time to create page: 0.331 seconds
© Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association. All Rights Reserved.