× Trails 越野路徑

New downhill trail at Tin Ping Saan

9 years 9 months ago #785 by launchpad
Replied by launchpad on topic New downhill trail at Tin Ping Saan
To all the guys racing Tin Ping Saan on Sunday goodluck, Thanks to all the guys who put in the hard work of building the trail its a great start to an awesome DH trail

Cheers Lauchpad

:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 9 months ago #784 by v10
Replied by v10 on topic New downhill trail at Tin Ping Saan
Hi Scott

Just read your post. Shame we couldn't hook up today, maybe next time. We'll see you on Sunday. There should be four of us racing at the weekend.

Mike

9 years 9 months ago #779 by scottfitz
Replied by scottfitz on topic New downhill trail at Tin Ping Saan
Hi,

Nice to meet some Gold Coast guys at the new track today. Just wondering if your heading back tomorrow would be keen to join you if there is room, look forward to seeing you Sunday if not tomorrow.

Good work on Sunday out there at the track the new berms are awesome and should be a brilliant track come Sunday.

Cheers
Scotty

9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #761 by econbus
Replied by econbus on topic New downhill trail at Tin Ping Saan
I'm not sure I understand the two previous posts. Suffice to say, the new trail is race ready and looks excellent. It finishes with a nice ditch jump off a ramp - it should make for some great action next Sunday.B)[img size=150]
Attachments:

9 years 9 months ago #754 by launchpad
Can't wait for the new DH section ...... noooooooot , maybe they need to put some concrete down and issue lycra at the top , oops I nearly forget i own a DH rig and its alergic to tarmac and concrete .....

Cynic yes wish we could do something to get us moving in the right direction

Launchpad

9 years 9 months ago #749 by ernstbarkmann
Replied by ernstbarkmann on topic New downhill trail at Tin Ping Saan
ARE YOU SURE?
I HAVE BROKE MY LEG...AND HAVENT BEEN TO THE MOUNTAIN FOR LONG...

NO SWITCHBACKS?
LAST TIME I SAW A LARGE NOTICE BOARD{UNDER-CONSTRUCTION} IN CHINESE...

THE NEW TRAIL IS SIGZAG WITH OFF-CHAMBERS AND SMALL DROPS AND SOME UPHILLS...
THE TRAIL STRAIGHT DOWN IS BUILT BY HKCA TWO-YEARS AGO....
I DROP MY BIKE AT THE NOTICE BOARD AND HIKE DOWN THE NEW TRAIL...IT JUST SEEM NOT READY FOR RIDE...

9 years 9 months ago #748 by scottfitz
Replied by scottfitz on topic New downhill trail at Tin Ping Saan
To those guys (and girls) who took the time to construct the new track at TPS well done, It is great fun to ride and will provide a challenge to race.

Thanks

9 years 9 months ago #735 by BeardedBlunder
Replied by BeardedBlunder on topic New downhill trail at Tin Ping Saan
launchpad

Your sooo cynical!

of course we have a wotld class downhi9ll track. loving cared for and maintained by the AFCD. In fact a brand new section of trail is being oh so carefully constructed on the downhill section of TMS. Its a wanderful ski shoot line running straight down the hill, no switchbacks or technical sections nothing!, just a straight run down - cant wait to see what it will be like in two seasons!

9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #722 by launchpad
Thanks for the heads up....... will go and have a look, just a question to all MTBers in Hong Kong who read this, why don't we have a world class downhill track in HK, we have the mountains, resource and the expertise and more than that lots of people who would love to get involved, oh yes its those F#@kers at AFCD , they a have no idea what MTBing is besides it has something to do with a bicycle.... I have had enough of this and wish there was someway we could make "our Home" a great place to ride......

9 years 9 months ago #719 by econbus
New downhill trail at Tin Ping Saan was created by econbus
You may be interested to know that a new DH trail is being built at TPS, presumably for the upcoming race on 15th Feb. It looks much longer than the old one as it zig zags down the face of the hillside to the firing range. Much of it is off camber and there are some tricky rock gardens and drop-offs. I rode about half of it very slowly but I can imagine the best riders will really fly down it. There's plenty of potential for high speed crashes and most of the track can be clearly seen from the firing range so it'll be great for spectators. TPS now has 3 excellent DH trails, making it the best spot in HK if you like charging down hills at frightening speeds.

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
Time to create page: 0.476 seconds
© Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association. All Rights Reserved.