× Trails 越野路徑

Trail Work in Discovery Bay!!!

9 years 9 months ago #833 by GirvinNRS
Replied by GirvinNRS on topic Trail Work in Discovery Bay!!!
The trail has been part of the country park already:
www.afcd.gov.hk/tc_chi/country/cou_wha/files/CP_LTN_Dect07.pdf .
Some MTB riders in Tung Chung always ride off road to Mui Wo through Pak Mong and the off road trail over the Golf Course. We are trying to do something such as collecting signatures from bikers and shops, get in touch with the region councilor, hopefully, we can fight for an official off road trail connecting Tung Chung, DB and Mui Wo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 9 months ago #806 by mitchelsan
Replied by mitchelsan on topic Trail Work in Discovery Bay!!!
Hello to Everyone,

I know it has been quite some time since I managed to sit with some down to see what kind of progress the area of DB/Mui-Wo is making. Here a quick summary The Tiger's Paw as we were talking before has been widened and and to other hills which also show great potential for Decent trails sponsored by DB Management. The reservoir loop at the very end that links to the monastery road was getting a quick face lift last weekend but I do not know if the broken water pipe was fixed towards the last 200 meters or so of the trail. I started working in a small basic skill training focusing on balance work and some basic bike handling by the pagoda before the top of the catchment very subtle at the beginning I do not want to much attention to the area in the beginning and I will be working there daily early mornings until the end of the month. I went to Chi-Ma-Wan yesterday I could not believe it in the condition in which the trails were it looked as if they were getting ready for a major competition the trails from the coastal side were refilled and no major craters to deal with it was magic, although as we all know concrete and steps are only a few days away for all we know. I really saw great potential in the way in which the work was done and yes to the minor scale of degree of thought there were some areas kept with mountain bikers in mind. We will just have to see what the final outcome will be, well that is all for now well let you know how the training site worked out...

mitchelsan

10 years 1 week ago #605 by econbus
Replied by econbus on topic Trail Work in Discovery Bay!!!
I've done the trail form DB to Mui Wo several times, but on the way up to the dam, i always look at the trail on the right towards Tiger head. It looks steep but rideable (downhill that is). i was wondering what lies on the other side of it. is there a rideable trail down towards North Lantau, or around the golf course north side to Mui Wo?

10 years 1 week ago #602 by mitchelsan
I hike up there a few times a week and take the back trail behind the golf course, but have not done DB to Mui-Wo bike trail in a while, therefore I do not know. Although today I went out and they cleared the Lookout point trail next to Wei-Lun primary school which halfway point just got cleared a ide trail and looks in great condition for a little freeriding action. The same with the mini DH section by the Pagoda which I just happen to stumble upon a few days back which at this point ends abruptly in a flight of stairs but can easily be connected with a few hands and basic tools.
P.S. It was me, that is what happens when the Chi-Ma-Wan Trail bites back!
See at the Action Asia Race!!!
Best,
mitchelsan

10 years 1 week ago #600 by flyboy
Replied by flyboy on topic Trail Work in Discovery Bay!!!
Just went this morning and saw you hike up Tigers head... if it was you...

The trail is definitely a good action asia training even with the bike on your back...

10 years 2 weeks ago #598 by econbus
Replied by econbus on topic Trail Work in Discovery Bay!!!
I've never ridden this area. Is it worth the hike up to Tigers Head?

10 years 2 weeks ago #586 by flyboy
Hey Mitchelsan,

I was talking about the one from behind Tigers head, then towards MW, passing behind the golf course. It goes by a place that has big rocks. It used to be very over grown and has been now widened quite a bit, looks like they will pour concrete...

BTW, I think we met... CMW, lip, hospital... Thierry...

See ya!

10 years 2 weeks ago #584 by mitchelsan
Hello,

I hike in the mornings pretty much everywhere in DB and there is no sign of concrete anywhere which is a good thing, although the trail you mention is somewhat overgrown as off now. We are getting a few people together the following weekend to start doing some trail clearing/maintanance if you are intrested...

Best,

mitchesan

10 years 2 weeks ago #576 by flyboy
By the way,

anyone knows what is going on with the trail linking Tigers Head (the highest hill in DB) to Mui Wo? It seems like the trail has been widened as to pour concrete all over...

Thoughts or info?

Cheers

10 years 3 weeks ago #549 by mitchelsan
Hello,

By no means it is intended to say anything negative about DB or anyone is more in regards to the protocols to go by in case we are approached by DB management when we start work in at least fixing up the tracks we currently have and then from that point working on other ones that also have great potential. After doing dome more homework in the IMBA on trail building they all agree on the same that the trails should be open to eveyone to use not just MTB's, which I agree to as well specially in DB so that eveyone benefits from it and notice the work so it will not be as dificult to accept possible future proyects of building new tracks. Again I'm not concerned at this point of getting an overwheloming amount of support, I feel that the work will speak for itself and soon they will start asking/wondering who has been working on this and how to get involved but one thing is for certain is that someone has to start somewhere, somehow to create more awareness and involvement of course. I by no means an expert trail builder but have a good foundation based on voluteer work I have done in the US and Taiwan. I really look foward to seeing a real MTB park in DB for all skill levels to have a good time in the future, but as it is with everything else it takes many long hours and great people to accomplish this and by no means is impossible to achieve. Finally I would like to meet up and share some insught as to what we want accomplish so we can get more feedback as to if we are going in the right direction with the trail design to make the experience better for everyone from the beginning.

Best,

mitchelsan

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
Time to create page: 0.471 seconds
© Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association. All Rights Reserved.