× Trails 越野路徑

where is this?

9 years 11 months ago #590 by ratcat
Replied by ratcat on topic where is this?
Amazing trail this is. We did it once and then have to ride back to the top and do it again!!!!! Highly recomended even for XC folks looking for a bit of fun!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 11 months ago #552 by ratcat
Jeff,

Yes I am afraid that would be the likely solution of AFCD if people start suing. The ruling party here seems to have a record of this. I heard, in the beginning all reservoir road are not bike restricted unitl one incident in which a person sue the government for having an accident on the road stating that the road was badly maintained. So the government after that incident restrict all bicyle on road under the Water Department. Then again this is the story I heard, so correct me if I am wrong.

9 years 11 months ago #550 by Jeff
Replied by Jeff on topic where is this?
Local biking lore has it that suing the AFCD is what led to many of the current access problems. The easiest way to react to biking accidents is simply to ban biking everywhere.

9 years 11 months ago #548 by zephyr
Replied by zephyr on topic where is this?
Ratcat, well said.

Like I was on both legal trails and illegal last Sun and the legal ones are clogged with hikers! Like you, we are always polite and so were the hikers. Once on the "illegal" trails the hikers we gone! huh?

The AFCD has a TV campaign pushing hiker safety, but you will not see a anything on the MTB trails emphasizing MTB safety. Even the trails are not rated by difficulty. Can you imagine a solo beginner riding the Ho Pui downhill or braving "the rocky horror show" without knowing what is in store before its too late! Simply Irresponsible!

Sue the asses off the AFCD officials responsible if you have a serious fall on a messed up trail (the AFCD website is a good start to find names and responsibilities) . Everyone should call 1823 and complain about AFCD disinterest in the safety and lack of appropriate marking of trail difficulty. MTB riders who ride the legal routes should complain about the presence of so many hikers too. If the AFCD can be shown to be not taking reasonable measures to ensure the safety of park visitors, be they on a bike or on foot, then they share of a burden of liability.... I'm sure if the LCSD merged their diving pools with the lap pools there would be lots of complaints too against them too and a few lawsuits to boot. That situation is not much different from ours, except our diving pool often only has an inch of water in it!

9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #547 by ratcat
All the legal trails we are riding now was ridden illegally before they were made legal. Like the Hornet (french trail), it is not legal but it is sure fun to ride. For me, I am a bit of an anarchist whenever I am on my mountain bike. I do not believe in laws and restrictions. Whether I am on a legal or illegal trail, when I see people walking, I stop and let them pass first. I say "hi" with a smile. All is happy and all is well. Without the law and with a bit of respecrt, we can all share the mountain together peacefully and in harmony. I advice to all riders; ride where ever and when ever pleases you but have repect for others whose is using the trail.
One time I was riding to contour section to Ho Pui, I was speeding a bit and then at the curve I saw a pack of hiker. I stop so carefully so my tires will not make those skidding sound and gentlely stopped. Those were a group of seniors. We talked for a bit and ask them where did they start and where they are going. We took photos for them and had a very nice break time. We showed them this is the hikers way down and that is for mountain bikes. We had a good time.
And notice the guys in the clip? They are going much slower then thier skill and bike allow them to. They too are prepared for on coming hikers with that speed.
Risk is something you create on the trail for fun. There is always risk even in the legal ones.
I know there are folks who really can scare people by not slowing down and shout very rudely "watch out" to get people out of thier way. That's the type who hurts our image and add BURDEN to the task of people (HKMBA) who is fighting for our rights. We cannot do anything to help those folks. They have their attitude.
But we have ours, always show courtesy. And with more and more positive conversation between us bikers and hikers on the trail, it will add up and sooner or later, the prejustice will be lifted. This is the least we can do as mountain bikers to ease the BURDEN.
So people, ride on and have a good time!!!!!!!!!!!

9 years 11 months ago #546 by Jeff
Replied by Jeff on topic where is this?
Given how dangerous (read: poorly designed) the legal trails are (e.g. Dragons Back, CMW) then the illegal trails are just as safe.

I've also never had any problems with hikers on HK trails- they have all been remarkably open to the idea of riders.

As far as I can tell, the core of the 'problem' with mountain biking in HK is that the AFCD has absolutely no interest in listening to, or cooperating with, groups other than hikers that use the trails.

9 years 11 months ago #545 by kenneth
Replied by kenneth on topic where is this?
Almost every Dh biker in HK have been ride at the Non-open trail but those NON-OPEN trail is most biker wanted to ride there.

We really don't want the people to ride such ILLEGAL TRAIL due to your own risk and avoid to affect the hiker.

9 years 11 months ago #544 by ratcat
Thank you!!! But I guss I cannot try this route cause we usually start riding at 4 PM. Storming in the area right behind AFCD office at that time is worst then Luke Skywalker entering the Death Star. Pity, there is a lot of good trails in HK and only at night that I feel safe to ride them.

10 years 14 hours ago #535 by julien
Replied by julien on topic where is this?
This is Chun Lueng trail in Tai Lam Cp. It's a starting right behind the Tai Mo Shan AFCD/CP barracks on top Route Twisk.
And guess what: IT'S ILLEGAL TO RIDE THERE!!!!! like almost any good trails in HK!

10 years 1 day ago #533 by ratcat
where is this? was created by ratcat

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
Time to create page: 0.456 seconds
© Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association. All Rights Reserved.