× Trails 越野路徑

Tai mo shan; from a beginners point of view.

9 years 11 months ago #676 by kihk
or you can try www.bikeservant.com for second hand bikes and parts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 11 months ago #658 by tinyminigenie
Replied by tinyminigenie on topic Tai mo shan; from a beginners point of view.
TMS sounds less daunting but i'm gonna be in the countryside of taiwan for a few days. have fun at TMS!

9 years 11 months ago #655 by ratcat
I see everyone like CMW for the same reason!!!! By the way, me and the guys are doing TMS this coming sunday.... interested?

9 years 11 months ago #654 by Dennis the Menace
Replied by Dennis the Menace on topic Tai mo shan; from a beginners point of view.
I really like CMW, but no matter how good I'll be able to ever master it, I still think it is mental... Deepest respect to anyone who gets around it - in no matter what timings.

2 thumbs up to you tinyminigenie!!

The Menace

9 years 11 months ago #652 by tinyminigenie
i am too ashamed to invite you to ride with me at CMW. it took me 7 hrs to do the whole thing without the extension. i might be able to cut that down to 5-6 hrs since i won't be as paranoid about getting lost and end up checking the map every 5 min... and i won't be conserving my energy as much for fear that i would ride to dehydration from lack of water. that track really took more hours than expected! you can probably do 2-3 loops in that amount of time. at least i can prove that it is not true that females can't ride CMW! i can tolerate people criticizing me because i am a very slow and cautious rider but i can't tolerate people who discourage me to do MTB just because i am female :-P

9 years 11 months ago #651 by ratcat
Chi Mas Wan is one of my favored trail. If you plan to go....drop a line here I might join you......

9 years 11 months ago #650 by tinyminigenie
hey guyz!

thank u so much for the recommendations for bike shops and rides!!! i've been riding a fair bit on weekdays this week. it's been great! i never knew there are so many good places to go in HK! Lantau is like a whole new world.

Tung Chung to Tai O:

The ride was extremely enjoyable. Even though there was not much dirt road to ride on, the concrete part was hilly enough to make the ride not too boring. The coastal view was great too. We rented our bikes from the Mountain Bike Shop. The owner is amazingly friendly and helpful! We had lunch at Sum Wat and had to hike to Tai O because some of my friends are not used to riding. Tai O has some of the best traditional food I've tried! I'm definitely cycling there again!

Chi Ma Wan peninsula track:

We rented our bikes from Sunny at Mui Wo. I have to admit that this track is rather technical for a beginner like me. It was also the first dirt road experience for my friend, so I was glad that he didn't yell at me for getting him on a track that made him crashed multiple times. We are both hikers so we didn't mind the hike too much. The good coastal view also compensates for tough sections. I am not a fan of the steps and the rocky bits at all. It was definitely the slowest ride I've done so far because of all the push biking! It probably takes an experience rider only 2 hrs to do it, but it took us like the whole day! We might have been faster if we abandoned our bikes and hiked the whole way, but riding is more fun. However, we got so tired that we did only 1 loop and didn't even bother to try the CMW extension. I aim to cut down on my timing next time by at least an hr!

9 years 11 months ago #639 by matt9210
Replied by matt9210 on topic Tai mo shan; from a beginners point of view.
rc,

so long as i can finish or scat by 11pm, you can count me in. send me sms to confirm time and mtg place...

9 years 11 months ago #638 by ratcat
hey matt!!
I don't think I cam make it this Sunday. How about tomorrow night? We might be going tomorrow night.....

9 years 11 months ago #637 by matt9210
Replied by matt9210 on topic Tai mo shan; from a beginners point of view.
hey RC,

did u went biking yda?...too bad coz, went biking by myself yda as well i did not know that u guys were riding after the sun ride in TMS...i missed the lady clement ride...anyways, are u guys riding again this sunday/21st?

send me a message anytime.
thanks

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
Time to create page: 0.477 seconds
© Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association. All Rights Reserved.