× Trails 越野路徑

Crashing out in HK's Country Parks

10 years 4 days ago #507 by ernstbarkmann
Replied by ernstbarkmann on topic Crashing out in HK's Country Parks
guy, my nick is crash god,

as i crash many times in race or when i ride with friends,
i always believe no pain no gain, and push to limit is my goal.

the first lesson should be learning to land when you crash.
to do downhill safe, you first have to have good brakes and you
need to lay back on your bike !
(be-ware! keep your balls off the saddle and tire)

i believe stairs are my best friend from the first day i started ride mtb.

so go try out and have fun.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 1 week ago #468 by Jan Ayalin
Replied by Jan Ayalin on topic Crashing out in HK's Country Parks
thanks bob,B)

bike's ok, scratch still there.... got new poplock lever... and btw, bruises are gone, ready for new ones. B)

10 years 1 week ago #462 by bob
Replied by bob on topic Crashing out in HK's Country Parks
Jan, hope the bike scratch is okay.
BobB)

10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #453 by Jan Ayalin
Replied by Jan Ayalin on topic Crashing out in HK's Country Parks
I had a pretty interesting crash last sunday in Chima Wan, it was actually the third crash i had for that riding day. I happened downhill on one of the stairs, the lenghty ones. I have only started biking down stairs and four to six treads, well i have just started to get confidence and familiarity with.
So i got to a part with the steep stairs on the way down, what the heck give it a try. First two treads were fine, the third one feltf a bit too high, got a fright, feathering of the break got tight, then saw myself flying above the handlebars... landed on theback of my shoulders, bike fell on me, chainring bitting 6 of it's teeth on my leg. Lost my rudy project glasses in the process, broke my poplock lever, and a scratch on my bike frame. Overall i'm fine with the whole experience, as there are some things i learned out of it. Hopefully next time i can do better.

10 years 2 weeks ago #452 by tom
When riding our Country Park trails I am sure that we have each experienced that moment when you are lying there collecting yourself as the pain is setting in and wondering 'what just happened?'

So tell us what happened! ...... did you catch your front wheel in a rut or slip on root... And how bad was it? Did you bust a collar bone, tear knee ligaments, fracture a wrist .. .or did come out of it with just a bad fright or big bruise??

And where did it happen? Was it on a XC trail or DH section, or even a park road!

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
Time to create page: 0.387 seconds
© Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association. All Rights Reserved.