× Trails 越野路徑

Lamma Trails Update - Proj-X All Clear and Ready to Ride

5 years 10 months ago #3012 by Lennart Finkeldey
Replied by Lennart Finkeldey on topic Lamma Trails Update - Proj-X All Clear and Ready to Ride
Hi Tom and everyone.
When I look at the satellite image of Pak Kok Shan, I can easily find the trail you are talking about. But there's more trails, right? I can see quite a few muddy tracks to the south of Pak Kok Shan. Are those also ride able trails?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago #2998 by tom
Back Passage has been cleared now. Plane Crash Corner now has a rock feature to allow easy navigation.

Snake's Tail still has yet to be cleared and there are some huge trees down where the the jumps are located so best to go slow if you do ride it.

5 years 11 months ago #2994 by econbus
Thanks for the info.

5 years 11 months ago #2993 by tom
No problem on any ferry for bikew. Those restrictions are for folks who are moving house.

5 years 11 months ago #2992 by econbus
Can anyone update me on whether bikes can be taken on the 12 and 1pm ferries on Saturdays from Yung Shue Wan to Central? It says large freight must be booked in advance for the 12 o'clock ferry and only small freight allowed on the 1pm. Which category do MTB's fit into?
Cheers
Dave

5 years 11 months ago #2991 by ang
Local newspaper mentioned about the govt's ok to build some luxury condos in the quarry areas. Will the development affect any of the trail?

5 years 11 months ago #2990 by YW-Slayer
Thanks Tom, good to hear it. I should try and get out there sometime, my Remedy feels sad and lonely (well, to some extent, as my other bikes are keeping it company).

5 years 11 months ago #2989 by StanleyJ
Thanks for the update Tom, if it weren't for the fact it's on the other end of HK for me and I've already for Tai Lam CP on my doorstep. :P

However am curious as to the status of land-ownership and development in that neck of the woods? I'm aware developers want to get their grubby hands all over Lamma... with the obvious(?) solution being the green bits of Lamma being zoned as a new country park... after all, Lamma is the largest island in Hong Kong that doesn't have any of it zoned as CP. Even ultra-urbanised Hong Kong Island has 4 of them...

5 years 11 months ago #2988 by tom
Just to let everyone know that the trail elves on Lamma have been busy in Nov clearing the grass, fixing burms, adding jumps and so on.

Project X (aka Pak Kok Shan) and its access trails are all clear now and in desperate need of bike traffic so add Lamma to your list of biking destinations this year.

We kindly suggest that riders steer clear of the graveyard just east of Tai Peng (faces HK Island) and use the new trail that goes to the west of this graveyard instead. This new trail is clearly visible on the satellite image of Pak Kok Shan on maps.google.com

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
Time to create page: 0.493 seconds
© Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association. All Rights Reserved.