× Trails 越野路徑

AFCD "improvement" or trail vandalism at Tai Lam Chung?

6 years 2 days ago - 6 years 2 days ago #2969 by YW-Slayer
Yeah, CMW was pretty brutal (though maybe I just suck. Or maybe both!).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 3 days ago #2968 by JaspHK
It wasn't there last Thursday either (I was practicing for the weekend).

Looks like it may have been amended for the AA XC race.

On Sunday, I approached it at my usual rate of knots coming out of the berm and then played the "will or I won't I have the cohones to launch from the drop off" game in my head as I always do... :unsure:

Having made the split second decision to opt for the chicken approach (i.e. hammer the brakes on, backside back over wheel and drop the front wheel in slowly) I was surprised to see that it had been "smoothed out"...

If it was done for the AA XC, I only wish they'd given the same treatment to half of CMW for the previous day's race! :P

6 years 4 days ago #2966 by ang
I remember this part; its a few stone steps. If you take the left, you can ride off the small stone (3rd from the top), or take the right and take a bigger drop. It's no fun to flatten out the trail, it aint offroad.

6 years 4 days ago - 6 years 1 day ago #2965 by StanleyJ
It was last Wednesday since I rode around Tai Lam Reservoir until today and noticed the step-down/drop-off on the end of the hike-a-bike section has been flattened and just rolls off now... like so:

When it used to be like this (well, this time last year):

Curiously, there was an AA race just yesterday... so question is, was the drop-off still there yesterday? If it wasn't, who got rid of it? If is was "safety"... then it's a case of 6-of-one/half-dozen-of-the-other... as with the berm just 5m up the trail, you can hit that at warp factor 10, with less risk to the rider, though more risk for anyone else.

So question is... whodunnit and why? :angry:

PS: As that bit was one of my favourite more techy bits on the reservoir loop...
Attachments:

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
Time to create page: 0.694 seconds
© Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association. All Rights Reserved.