× Trails 越野路徑

Project X this time of year?

10 years 3 weeks ago #558 by tom
Replied by tom on topic Project X this time of year?
Project-X and surrounding trails are in excellent shape now thanks to Michael Maddess who's been prepping the course for this weekends Action Asia Events race. Its amazing what a bit of grass cutting and some very selective maintenance can do to improve the fun of the trail, especially on the downhill. Hope everyone gets a chance to ride it before the grass grows back and the rains expose a few more rocks.

The Pipeline path is now clear of fallen trees too so try to get out and ride this too before the jungle reclaims it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 1 month ago #435 by tom
Hi Jeff, welcome back from the "dark side".

Conditions on Lamma are good. The grasses didn't grow as much this year as last so you can see the 99% of the time. However the trails feel a bit narrower than usual.

Proj-X is fine on the way up and downhill is okay but there a few loose rocks so be careful. Its possible to to the drop at the bottom and climb back up. The connecting trails in the area are good too, though I do not know about the Dog House Loop

Phil rode down the Snake's Tail awhile back and said it was okay too.

The Back Passage and Snake Trail are clear. The Back Passage is still being bedded in and the rains exposed a few more rocks on Plane Crash Corner so you have to push your bike for 10ft over them....

The Quarry is wide open as usual. The water temp of the big lake is probably perfect for swimming now. The only danger here is Sally, from Hong Kong Dog Rescue who often shows up with 30 dogs around noon. They will come running at you (a bit spooky at the top of the cliff) and will try to corral you or even chase you down the hill... and most of them are muzzled. Yell at her and tell her that she has five seconds to call her dogs off before you call the police. Count backwards as loudly as you can. The dogs should disappear with her by about the count of 2.

10 years 1 month ago #432 by Jeff
Replied by Jeff on topic Project X this time of year?
Bump.

Now that it's cooled down and I've gotten hiking out of my system, I'm heading out to Lamma this weekend. What are the trail conditions like?

10 years 3 months ago #184 by BeardedBlunder
Replied by BeardedBlunder on topic Project X this time of year?
yeah id leave it a week or two before getting the blades out - if as tom says we do it too early the gov guys will have nothing to do and the grass does grow back really quickly!

10 years 3 months ago #182 by tom
The heat is brutal now and trimming is very, very exhausting work. Since the Proj-X hillside was planted with trees ,about twice per year 30 guys with strimmers show up and clear most everything (except the trees) . Only question is when will they show up?? So it would be a bugger to go up and break your back for an afternoon only to have these guy appear the following week!

10 years 3 months ago #180 by econbus
Replied by econbus on topic Project X this time of year?
Take it easy out there - I did some cutting and digging at TPS on Saturday morning and almost keeled over in the heat. Seems like the hot season is getting longer every year.

10 years 3 months ago #178 by Jeff
Replied by Jeff on topic Project X this time of year?
I would be up for a spot of strimming on Sunday if there's anyone else going up.

10 years 3 months ago #177 by tom
Was just up there this aft.
- the way up is reasonably clear. You might snag a bush or two, but no real problems
- I have been avoiding the downhill side since its quite difficult to see the rocks and the trails edge

So, for PX I suggest an up and down the way you came.

Snake's path is clear. The Back Passage is fine (but tricky since it needs some bedding in) and the quarry is the quarry - always clear and rideable. Check out the Ramp when you are there! (see the Gallery for videos of the fun)

If there are any volunteers to help clear PX, we have the strimmers and rakes!

10 years 3 months ago #176 by Jeff
Project X this time of year? was created by Jeff
What's the trail like nowdays? Overgrown a lot, or just in parts?

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
Time to create page: 0.401 seconds
© Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association. All Rights Reserved.