× HKMBA Mountain Biking Advocacy 香港越野單車協進會

Looking for a FF Helmet

6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #3072 by Lennart Finkeldey
Replied by Lennart Finkeldey on topic Looking for a FF Helmet
Me too, had a painful fall on the streets leading to Chimawan trail. Messed up my eyelid and cheek. Albeit wearing a helmet of course, but if a concrete pillar smashes frontal, a normal helmet doesn't help much anymore. I rather go overboard now.
That Deviant helmet looks great.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #3071 by YW-Slayer
Replied by YW-Slayer on topic Looking for a FF Helmet
Not at all. I'm not sure you need a FF for most stuff in HK, but I bought one for riding in colder climates and/or unfamiliar trails overseas.

Otherwise, if AM helmets don't take your fancy, you may be interested in the Giro Switchblade. One place I have been told carries it locally is Friendly Bike in Mui Wo (look for Jackie). A fellow on the 2012 AA XC (Chi Ma Wan portion) race had one which he bought from Friendly after messing up his jaw and chin on a fall.

It's a pity the Specialized shop didn't have the Deviant to try on. I was interested in it mainly because of the extra ventilation that it seems to offer.

6 years 8 months ago #3070 by Lennart Finkeldey
Replied by Lennart Finkeldey on topic Looking for a FF Helmet
Oh some really good information! Thanks Slayer! Will check those places out. Somehow, a full face helmet seems more reassuring.

6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #3069 by YW-Slayer
Replied by YW-Slayer on topic Looking for a FF Helmet
Like you, I tried Bull Bike but none of the stuff there really fit/appealed to me. I'd check out Gravity Reaction Cycles near Prince Edward MTR (less than 5 minutes' walk from Exit C2). Although they carry a good range of non-DH/FR stuff, they also have a good range of full-facers from Urge, all of which fit me well, although YMMV, along with the SixSixOne all-mountain helmets (Recon, I think). I ended up going for the Urge Archi-Enduro.

You can also check with BMX Evolution, although I didn't find any there that fit my head. On HK side, I know Bicycle World (in Wan Chai) has a few brand, but again am not sure about sizing and availability. I haven't tried Flying Ball.

6 years 8 months ago #3068 by Lennart Finkeldey
Looking for a FF Helmet was created by Lennart Finkeldey
Hello everyone,

I am looking for a shop with a good selection of Full Face (FF) helmets in Hong Kong.
I have been to a store in YMT close to that Shanghai road, not sure what's the name of the road but it's located close to the Specialized dealer. The selection was rather small and I was wondering where you would go if you were to buy a FF helmet for mountain biking. Thank you for your help!

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
Time to create page: 0.321 seconds
© Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association. All Rights Reserved.