× HKMBA Mountain Biking Advocacy 香港越野單車協進會

Mountain biking stuff in 2013 here in Hong Kong...

6 years 8 months ago #3056 by Pk101
You are not far wrong on the slope style, free riding.

Its still a narrow track you get the jump wrong and you will be in a heap !!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago #3054 by StanleyJ

YW-Slayer wrote: I vote for a huge jump-off over a fast-flowing stream for people to do 360's and helicopters over in slow-mo for the next film by The Collective!!! YEAAHHHHHHH

I like your style! Now we HK mountain bikers have to brush up on our free-ride/slope-style MTB tricks! ;) :evil:

6 years 8 months ago #3053 by YW-Slayer
I vote for a huge jump-off over a fast-flowing stream for people to do 360's and helicopters over in slow-mo for the next film by The Collective!!! YEAAHHHHHHH

6 years 8 months ago #3051 by StanleyJ

Pk101 wrote: It looks awesome, a couple 4 ft jumps and plenty of rock terraces.

The last few bits they have yet to do look like very technical to build and ride, with a stream thrown in for good measure. Hope they build a bridge rather than make a crossing.

Oooh. Might have to go up their sooner rather than later to take a look in person! I'll leave my opion about the stream crossing till I see it in person, though I would prefer a crossing made with rock slabs. I guess a jump-cum-bridge might be out of the question! B)

6 years 8 months ago #3050 by Pk101
It looks awesome, a couple 4 ft jumps and plenty of rock terraces.

The last few bits they have yet to do look like very technical to build and ride, with a stream thrown in for good measure. Hope they build a bridge rather than make a crossing.

6 years 8 months ago #3049 by StanleyJ

Pk101 wrote: Just a quick update on new trail/ ho pui entrance. Spoke to HM from DirTraction yesterday at TMS. Probably no more volunteer days until opening which he said likely to be April.

walked the whole trail, last 500m is some of the best hk will have.

Thanks for the update PK, I "spoke" to HM via email and will see if I can catch up with him next week. That last 500m sounds interesting! :woohoo:

6 years 8 months ago #3048 by Pk101
Just a quick update on new trail/ ho pui entrance. Spoke to HM from DirTraction yesterday at TMS. Probably no more volunteer days until opening which he said likely to be April.

walked the whole trail, last 500m is some of the best hk will have.

6 years 9 months ago #3026 by StanleyJ
Just a prod in the direction of Tom for some discussion/show-and-tell vis-a-vis the current front page news. The last trail building workshop was for a 2.6(?)km new trail from Route Twisk and down on to Ho Pui Trail and the scheduled opening time is March... so will there be more trail building workshops? There would (obviously?) be one near the opening (I hope?) for volunteers to put down finishing touches/do the final sections... though I also recall HM Lim (IMBA/DirTraction) saying there'll be another session this month (January)? This the case or just wishful thinking? Nothing happens over Chinese New Year though...

And where is this "Tai Mo Shan Classic"? Pirate trail in Tai Mo Shan (as opposed to Tai Lam) Country Park? Trail building how "later on in the year"? I would assume there's still plenty work to be done on the Twisk/Ho Pui one first... and after March comes the rainy season... which isn't exactly conducive for trail building... at least until October?!

Also wonder what brings Red Bull to get Gee Atherton to Hong Kong? Pity the other two Athertons are not billed... if only to have Rachel Atherton there so that the whole thing isn't such a "dude fest". B)

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
Time to create page: 0.340 seconds
© Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association. All Rights Reserved.