× HKMBA Mountain Biking Advocacy 香港越野單車協進會

Trail Maintenance

4 years 11 months ago #3424 by all_tha_rage
Hi guys and girls,

Went riding on the Chi Ma Wan trails and its been nicely maintained in the last few days! I hear there is an up-coming event there this or next weekend?

Has the same maintenance occurred on the Tai Mo Shan trails? Last time I rode there, it was well and truly over-grown!

Im always keen to get out and help where I can when it fits in with my schedule of course!

Happy riding

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 11 months ago #3425 by bikesteve
Replied by bikesteve on topic Trail Maintenance
I know what you mean, a month or so ago just about every trail around Tai Mo Shan was really jungle like after an excessively wet summer. It's largely cut back now and a pleasure to ride although the Tai Lam Reservoir trail could still do with another cut.

Trail maintenance days and workshops are coming up but our volunteers generally work on building and maintaining the trail whilst the government workers do the day to day trimming.

4 years 11 months ago #3426 by all_tha_rage
Replied by all_tha_rage on topic Trail Maintenance
On a slightly different note, are there any plans to build some jumps on the trails? A few nicely placed tabletops would be great! Like I said, always happy to come help build!

4 years 11 months ago #3427 by Pk101
Replied by Pk101 on topic Trail Maintenance
23 & 24 November we will be starting work on a brand new DH trail. I would be suprised if IMBA didnt include some gnarly features in the design.

Volunteers are needed as always and appreicate your help!

Details are up on the homepage, any queries let me know.

Cheers

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
Time to create page: 0.355 seconds
© Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association. All Rights Reserved.